When you REALLY want that new client…
Do you find yourself in competitive situations?
When you really want that new client, and you know that 2 or 3 or more other people want them too?
If part of getting the client is presenting him with information, here’s how to stand out from the crowd: Send it via FedEx or UPS.
Think about it – you’re submitting a proposal, or sending product information, or sending a market analysis to an out of town prospect – and you know that a few others will be sending the same things.
When you use a service like FedEx, not only will your materials reach that client sooner, they’ll be opened immediately. Do you know anyone who can resist tearing open a FedEx envelope to see what’s inside? I sure don’t.
Second, your prospective client will see immediately that getting his business is important to you. No one sends in such an expensive manner if they don’t mean business.
After that, of course, you need to make sure that the contents of that envelope present you at your best. Your materials need to be neat and tidy and most of all – convey a strong reason why you are the best choice.
Remember, benefits, not features, AND it’s all about them and what’s in it for them when they do business with you, not about you and your past or present accomplishments.
So what if the prospective client will meet with you in person instead?
- Be well prepared – have all your materials organized in a logical fashion to present those benefits.
- Be absolutely on time – having arrived early enough to be calm and well composed before the meeting.
- Be gracious, ask questions, and above all – listen to the answers!
- Answer all questions completely, but without rambling or getting off subject
- ASK for the business, but don’t get huffy if they tell you they have more people to interview
- Follow up with a thank you note
If you’re having trouble getting those marketing materials to present the reasons why you should be chosen over all your competitors, write me! I’ll help you create a winning marketing package.